BRERC treats some types of records as sensitive or confidential. Generally these are records for certain species that have a recent history of persecution, or that are particularly rare and vulnerable to disturbance.
The following are treated as sensitive data:
- Badger setts
- Otter holts
- Raptor or owl nests
- Bat Roosts
- Certain sensitive plant records determined by Natural England
BRERC reserves the right to remove or restrict location details and to provide reduced accuracy Grid References if we consider this is appropriate.
Our policy is that confidential or sensitive data is only made available to the following:
- Ecologists of our funding Partners;
- Conservation Officers at Avon Wildlife Trust;
- Natural England Species Protection Officers and Conservation Officers; and
- The committee members of the relevant species group or national scheme
- Police Officers
At the specific request of these people, BRERC may pass details to nominated others, such as tree officers or contracted surveyors, where extenuating circumstances prevail (eg for public safety issues).