BRERC publish high quality hardback books relating specifically to our area’s wildlife.
The Wildlife of the Bristol Region series comprises:
- Flora of the Bristol Region (2000) - Foreword by David Bellamy
- Butterflies of the Bristol Region (2003) - Foreword by Bill Oddie
- Moths of the Bristol Region (2008) - Foreword by Nick Baker
- Dragonflies and Damselflies of the Bristol Region (2013) - Foreword by Philippa Forrester
And the fifth volume in the series is now available (July 2018) …
Geological Sites of the Bristol Region (2018) - Foreword by Professor Mike Benton (£19.50)
An accessible introduction to the geology of the region, including the work of many local experts.
Click here to see example pages.
Get your copy from the Bristol Museum shops at Bristol Museum and Art Gallery and M-Shed
Or visit their online shop at https://shop.bristolmuseums.org.uk/products/geological-sites-of-the-bristol-region.
Booklets and Guides
We also have Booklets on:
- Introduction to Hoverflies of the Bristol Region (2011)
Compilers: Lee K and Purslow R (£3 inc P&P)
– A4 spiral–bound document
- Key to the Snails of the Bristol Region (2010)
Authors: Ivison T and Daw A (FREE for you to download 20pp)
- Print on A4 paper double-sided
- A Vegetative Key to Grasses (2010)
Author: McDouall E (FREE for you to download 10pp)
- Print on A4 paper double-sided, select Printing option 'Flip pages on short edge', then fold into a booklet
How to buy
The books are available from the Bristol Museum and Art Gallery shop and the M-Shed Museum shop (subject to availability).
Visit the online shop at https://shop.bristolmuseums.org.uk/
You can also collect books and booklets from the BRERC office (but please contact us to arrange a time).
We can also print and post the downloadable Booklets for you:– Snail Key (£1.50), Grasses Key (£1.50)
Please make all cheques payable to Bristol City Council.
All BRERC books, booklets, guides and keys are protected by copyright.
Material is made available for personal use only and may not be copied or reproduced without express permission from BRERC.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.